My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Reckless

Speaking of song lyrics. This post is for me. (And I probably wouldn't post it if I didn't have a Crown and Coke sloshing in my stomach and sleep deprivation keeping my good sense tied up in the back room.)

From "Ghost" by Indigo Girls:

"And now I see your face before me -
I would launch a thousand ships -
to bring your heart back to my island -
as the sand beneath me slips.
And though I burn up in your presence -
and I know now how it feels -
to be weakened like Achilles -
with you always at my heels."

If I never get another chance to say it . . . I am so very sorry for the pain I have caused. I am sorry. So sorry. Someday, I hope to find forgiveness - but, even if I cannot - just knowing I said it (and meant it) will have to be enough. There are two sides to every story - two sides to every coin.

I lost the toss.

I learned my lessons.

If the Universe wills it - it will happen. In this one matter, I defer to the Universe. I offer the choice upon the altar of coincidence.

And now, I go to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home