My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Leaving

Yesterday I was walking Ms. Tika (my miniature Australian Shepherd), when I noticed a set of absolutely gorgeous wrought-iron candle stands sitting on the street. A gentleman of about 30 years of age was carefully loading a variety of objects into his car. When he noticed me noticing his candle stands, he looked mildly embarrassed (I have no idea why), and mumbled "I'm moving out."

I couldn't help it. Something about the situation tickled my sense of the absurd.

I put on my best smile. "Well, then," I said, with an overdose of cheer and sincerity, "It was nice meeting you. FAREWELL . . . and best of luck in all your journies."

He stared at me, speechless.

I tugged on Ms. Tika's leash and continued on my way home. I mean, really - what else was there to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home