My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Squid Masters

If squid and octopi could come out of the ocean and live on land - I think they would be my absolute worst nightmare. Here comes the scary news flash . . . these critters are intelligent, tool-using predators with the ability to navigate mazes, open doors, and squish into phenominally tiny spaces. If a tentacle can make it through - so can the rest of the animal.

They can open mason jars to pull out food. Aside from monkeys or other ape-related mammals, I don't think there is another critter on the planet with the intelligence and dexterity to open a jar (okay - maybe through brute force, but we're leaving the bears in Yellowstone National Park out of this).

Some folks claim squid and octopi have "personality." I translate that as "avid desire to rule the world." Don't fool yourself. They are simply biding their time.

Eat calamari often. Its a form of self defense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home