My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Novel Day 1: Character Sketches

Okay *cough*, I'm on day two in real-time terms, but I have 5 out of 12 main character sketches finished. Pieces are clicking together. Story glitches are unsnarling themselves. What is this pesky thing you call sleep?


On another note, provided the weather is decent, this weekend will be the first time I take my son camping! While I am looking forward to introducing him to the joys of morning hikes, bird songs (withough the background of traffic noise), and campfire cooking, I do admit I am slightly nervous of all the mountain critters who will see him as a small hamburger.


It wouldn't be so bad if there hadn't been so many weird animal attacks this year - alligators, bears, mountain lions.


Actually, my husband tells a great story about the time he and his uncle were treed for six hours (or more) by one of nature's rarest creatures - an ALBINO MOOSE! (And for those folks who have never experienced meeting a moose - they are NASTY pieces of work.)


Hmm... if a bear can smell toothpaste in your back-pack, I wonder if he'll be attracted to the scent of graham crackers - consumed a half-hour before bedtime. Then again - I doubt anyone will be able to smell anything past the insect repellant we'll be forced to apply. The mosquitoes are out in force this year. And silent. I haven't heard a single mosquitoe hum. Creepy. I wonder if it is a function of nature - like the non-rattling rattlesnakes. At this point, we kill every snake that rattles, so only the devients bred - leading to rattlesnakes that bite without their characteristic warning. Take heed now! If the mosquito hums - spare its life!


Incoherency and silliness factor has been reached. I am off to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home