My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Back Injury

Must . . take hot bath . . . to keep lower . . . back muscles . . . from strangling spine . . .

I filled out Worker's Comp forms today. I took a vicious delight in checking the NO box for the question: "Did this injury result in death?"

I also spent a long while pondering the question: "Circle which level of education you have completed" - which was followed by a series of numbers from 1 - 21. I decided I was a 17 since I spent 5 years in college . . . but, for all I know, I may have just claimed I've completed the first year of graduate work.

For clarity's sake - I injured my back while picking up a box. The front receptionist told me my copy job was ready for pick up, I went upstairs to pick it up, and suddenly PAIN - Nature's way of saying "no."

So how do I answer the questions: "What task were you assigned when the injury occurred?" and "How many years of experience do you have at this task?"

Stupid forms.

3 Comments:

Blogger Priestess Of Nothing said...

Hey, not to kick into mommy mode here, but as a student massage therapist, I'm not sure heat is the best thing for a back injury like this.

Cold is probably better. A lot better. Especially if there's already inflammation of the muscles. I know heat is a whole lot more comforting, but in the end, cold makes it feel better sooner.

Well, ask your doctor. But be careful with the heat.

(end of mommy mode)

Get better soon! See you Saturday?

9:09 PM  
Blogger DragonHorse said...

I think Wendy is correct. I now seem to recall one of my former co-workers using cold instead of heat for back spasms. He had one of those flexible cold packs that you put in the freezer. I think I have heard the same advice from some other source recently.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Andrea Peach said...

Maybe it's a good thing that I have been unable to squeeze in bath-time. Actually, I have been using ice packs, and they DO seem to help more. I finally dragged my butt to a doctor and he said I stretched some of the ligaments - so gentle exercise and alternating heat and cold are the prescribed medicine. I promise to take care - and I hope to see you guys Saturday.

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home