My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Slim in Six

Admit it. You know it's happened to you as well. One minute you're flipping through channels trying to find cartoons for your kid - the next, you're sitting on the couch engrossed in an informercial and thinking "wow - I could use that!"

My infomercial experience ended with stretchy exercise bands and a work-out program called Slim in Six - which claims to transform you body in six weeks. As is tradition with most infomercial purchases, I placed the program on a shelf, intending to get to it shortly, and dusted it off a year and a half later.

The amazing thing is - the program is working! I recently admitted that I will never make it to the gym to exercise, and when I remembered my long neglected infomercial purchase, I decided to give it a try on my own schedule and in my own way. Instead of transforming my body in six weeks, I decided a cardio workout 2-3 times a week would be useful and doable . . . and much to my surprise, I'm getting amazing results!

I will admit that I occasionally yell things at the T.V. (like "how come none of you are breathing hard?") . . . but overall, I am pleased with how things are going, and I can actually see new muscle definition.

Hooray for exercise!!! (And I think several members of my family just disowned me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home