My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, February 07, 2009

Magnetic Poetry

A friend gave me a magnetic poetry set for Christmas. We shall not discuss how long it actually takes to put a full set of magnetic poetry on a refrigerator. Suffice it to say, any time you are at a party and notice someone actually has their magnetic poetry set on display, you can be certain there was a day when they were bored out of their mind for a few hours with nothing else to do. Having said that . . . my first magnetic poetry poem is in!

A Woman is A Dream

A woman is a dream -
the cicada,
the yellow blossom,
the journey between morning and evening -
this is how we recall eternity.
We picture a dream.
We watch the rain pounding the leaves of the birch.
We incubate a summer
so a smile can bloom
and a hot drop of lust melt time.
The moon shines -
a gift which shakes the ice from summer.
A woman's breath calls to the spring.
The flower of her laughter shining -
its petals of light,
the language of the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home