My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

A Mommy Moment

We've all had those days when you come home bone-weary, and all you want to do is kick off your shoes, sit on the couch, and order pizza, but you're not even sure if you have enough energy to dial the pizza place, let alone rifle your wallet for spare cash.

Unfortunately, my last bone-weary day included medicating the cat, making a trip to Petsmart for pet food and Sams Club for people food, cleaning the dog kennel from top to bottom and inside out after yet another canine butt explosion, bathing the dog for the same reason, and cleaning spilled gatorade off the couch before sitting down and calling my mother to beg for a reminder of why I put up with cats, dogs, and kids . . .

Then again . . . a picture can be worth a thousand words. Here is Ms. Callie, home from the vet and able to see . . . baking what brains she has left in the sun:


And a very sorry Ms. Tika . . .


And the kid is . . . just the kid. Getting bigger every day and reminding me to treasure the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home