My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Plug for Zillow.Com

For anyone searching for a new home, I highly recommend that you check out Zillow.com. While it's information is not always the most accurate (I think it gathers most of its information from public records off the Internet, and we all know those are always 100% accurate, right?), the more features I stumble across, the more impressed I have become.

My personal favorite used to be the cute little chart they have showing the fluctuations of your home's value. Well, most people fluctuate. Mine looks more like a cliff that lemmings dive off (ha ha ha . . . if you have to laugh or cry, I choose to laugh - otherwise I would spend way too much time crying).

But my new favorite feature is the "Make me Move" price. You can log in, verify you are the owner of the home, and set a price that if some Joe walked off the street and said "I'll give you $______ for your home" . . . you would say "Righty-O, then" and call a moving company.

I've also discovered it will show you an aerial map of neighborhoods with cute little house icons next to everyone who is selling or FORECLOSED (no paying a monthly fee or signing up for endless email spam - HOORAY!) . . . and if you click on the cute little house icon, it gives you all the information you could want (though once again, I repeat, you may want to verify for accuracy).

For those of you who are thinking I'm a complete dork . . . no denials from this direction. If you need me I'll be in my closet . . . with my computer . . . playing on Zillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home