My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Naughty or Nice?

Naughty . . . definitely on the naughty list this year.

In a surprise move, my Chief of Justification cold-cocked my Chief of Common Sense (okay - not really . . . he actually led him into the back room where there was some sort of presentation that involved monthly payment charts and computer statistics) - and the long and short is . . . I got my new laptop.

I'm typing on my new laptop - and I'm not joking when I say it's literally a pleasure. It has a beautiful full-size keyboard with soft keystrokes, and I can barely concentrate on my actual Nano story because I keep getting lost in how it feels to type.

The good news . . . I LOVE my new laptop.

The bad news . . . I sprang for the $1,100 model in total disregard of my budget. (Chief of Justification: "That last statement is entirely untrue and should be stricken from the record, your honor. In fact, the budget was carefully considered and weighed in making the decision, and for a mere $5 extra a month, it made far more sense to get the computer that will last longer . . . and has an extended warranty.")

::sigh:: BUT I REGRET NOTHING!!!!!

Otherwise, I have 8,000 words to go - and a birthday party and a concert coming up tomorrow . . . so I best get back to putting the word count into my novel rather than my blog.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home