My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Nano Nano Nano 2009

Ack! I'm already running behind, which is not a promising start. Then again, maybe I'm a stretch runner - lagging behind until the deadline - er goal - looms close, and then suddenly whipping myself into a type-o-matic frenzy. Fingers of fury dance over the keyboard, the sheer wave of power sending my Starbucks chai floating through the air, a small trail of heady foam suspended, Matrix-style . . . .

I just wasted roughly 50 words on this post . . . didn't I? ::grin::

Excerpt 1 for 2009: (Keep in mind I've only written six pages, so there were slim pickins' for an exciting excerpt)!

And a HUGE THANK YOU to all who are supporting me in my Nano Quest! Onwards to victory!!! This is the year I not only win Nano . . . but COMPLETE MY NOVEL!!!! (Free coffee will be appreciated well into December.)

Fenriod’s fury washed over Gwen in a wave of searing fire, so intense she almost thought her flesh should blister. His emotions battered against the glass wall, swelling like waves in a windstorm. But whatever form of control Fenriod had slammed into place held against the test of her impertinence.

Prince Naev stirred. “Please,” he said, his voice hoarse. “At the least, allow her to see. Enough damage has been done.”

Fenriod clenched both hands, but bowed his head in acquiescence. “As Naev wishes,” he said. “For I do not want to cause the Prince any further pain.”

Gwen stood and wiped the dirt from her gown. “Thank you,” she said. “You are gracious.”

“Grace and opportunity sometimes share the same bed.” Fenriod’s lips curved into a humorless smile. “And for all your passion in defending a horse, it may still be that the animal must be put down, out of kindness.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home