My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, October 31, 2008

Home of the Gourd Monster

Our newest HR manager introduced the Halloween Gourd Contest to the office this year . . . As I took Halloween as a PTO day (the primary reason being the need to sleep at some point this weekend between all the Birthday and Halloween parties), I decided I had best participate in the gourd challenge. No one told me cutting a gourd was the equivalent to chiseling an arrow head from stone.

As I dutifully hacked at my gourd with the office knives (yes - our office has knives, which sounds scarier than it actually is), I quickly realized my original grandiose plans would never work. After ten minutes of patient slicing, hacking, and generally trying to keep my fingers out from under the blade, I managed to behead my gourd. I then scooped out the inside. . . and as I was looking at the stem and the goopy mass of innards and seeds, an idea bloomed.

I introduce you to the gourd monster!!!! FEAR HIM!!!!!


If you just said "Awww," the gourd monster's curse will take effect. HE IS NOT CUTE. He is fearsome . . . and . . . um . . . yeah. (I think it's the little mousy-ear seeds that deceive everybody.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home