My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Let's Hear It For the New Keyboard

Which helped me reach a 3,000 word day!!! WOOT!!!

And for tonight's yummy excerpt (it's almost midnigt . . . I'm allowed to use phrases like "yummy").

-----------------------------

“I’m sorry,” she said again, flushing and folding her hands in front of her. She tried to calm the soft fluttering of her heart, telling herself again that this was not Eden’s Brow, and she had done no wrong answering the door.
“It is I who should apologize for the interruption, I think,” said the young man, running his hand through his short cropped hair. “But the Queen insisted that I report to you.”
Emma’s breath caught in her throat. “The Queen?” she asked, eyes wide and startled.
“Ah, yes. The Queen. It seems that Arin and the Empath to the Crown are not to return for two seven-days, and so the Queen thought it best I report to you.”
Emma nervously clutched her hands together. “I’m sorry,” she said, catching herself and laughing. “And I’m sorry to be saying sorry so often. Oh, bother,” she muttered. “But none of this is making any sense to me. Who are you? And why would you report to me for work?”
The young man looked stricken, then amused. “You honestly don’t know who I am?” he asked.
Emma wracked her memory, trying to make the young man’s description match up with any of the servants she had seen. When that failed, she tried to match his description to those in the books she had read outlining Kethellan’s nobility, but still drew a blank.
“I’m sorry,” she said. “For the fourth time.”
“Prince Eglin.”
“What?”
“I’m Prince Eglin,” Eglin clarified.
“The one Gwen stabbed?” Emma said, then clapped her hands over her mouth.
“I know, I know . . .,” Eglin said with a grin. “You’re sorry. And if you don’t mind my saying so, you’re about as good at first impressions as your lady friend”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home