My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

Did I mention I'm going to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving? Tomorrow? Or more precisely - on the day that is less than 30 minutes away from this very second?

Hmmmm . . . I suppose I should pack. Honestly, this particular family trip clobbered me from behind with a sock filled with pennies. And I don't even have jet lag . . . yet.

I broke 26,000 which -while spectacular in its own right - is not where I need to be. I wonder if my family will understand if I lock myself in the room and refuse to come out until I hit 45,000?

----------------------------------------

Trev held the griffin pendant up to the sky, noting how the sunlight filtered through the beak and wings, making them appear almost translucent. The workmanship was fine indeed, but beneath the harsh sunlight, he could make out the deep green vein of a serious fracture, one that would eventually split the stone.


“She is beautiful,” he said, “but she will break under very little pressure.”


“Some of the most beautiful things are as fragile,” said the merchant-girl, her eyes sparkling. “She must be handled with care, no? You seem like you have gentle hands. You find a gentle woman, the fault will no be a problem.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Sure they will...they'll be out anyways :)

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home