My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Achievement!

If nothing else, I met my own personal goals for the day. I broke the 20,000 mark - and it's not even midnight!

------------------------------

The merchant looked up, gray tendrils of smoke slowly drifting about his head and neck, before snaking upwards and out of the tent. “She is a desert griffin,” he said, his voice bored. “Very rare. But maybe you have an eye for rare griffins?”


Trev chuckled. “Not really. I had no idea that this one,” he patted Feather roughly on the shoulder, “would reach near the size he did. If anything, it is more a hindrance than a benefit. He costs twice the amount to feed!”


The female griffin stirred, raising her head to look out the bars of her cage. Her body was curled like that of a cat, compact and well muscled. Her eyes were deep gold and glittered like coins in the bottom of a river.


<Feather,> Trev sent. <What on earth is going on?>


<I can’t tell you,> Feather sent, his sending fading in out. Trev had never seen the griffin so close to a true panic. <But,we must purchase her, no matter the cost.>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home