My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Over the Hump

Today marks the day that you should be at a glorious 25,000 words . . . I won't tell you where I am. Let's just say I stopped to drink some water and chat with the volunteers while the other marathon racers zipped by.

But I'm still in the race!

--------------------------------
Arin groaned. “Gwen,” he said, scratching his head, “not that I disagree, but when am I going to have time to finish copying those records?”

“You have Emma,” Gwen answered smoothly, “and I see no reason why the Prince would suffer if his fingers bore a few ink stains. He may as well be doing something useful.”


“What?” Prince Eglin sputtered, sitting forward suddenly and giving a hiss of pain as the movement jostled his thigh. “I can’t . . . I mean, I don’t . . . Yvonne,” he appealed, “surely you won’t condone such nonsense?”


Yvonne chuckled. “Why not, Lad?” she said. “You won’t exactly be seated on a horse any time soon, and there is little enough to do at court if you cannot participate in the hunt.” She tapped her lip thoughtfully. “Besides, the Scholar King has a nice ring to it.”


Prince Eglin groaned and leaned back. “All right. I surrender. The only white flag I have to waive is my bandage – but I would rather prefer that it stay where it is.”


“Now,” Gwen shot the Prince a genuine smile.
“We have met badly on two occasions. Would you like to erase those prior introductions, and try for a third?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home