My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

The Smell of NanoWriMo In The Air

To borrow a line: the rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated . . . but I must admit my approach to blogging has begun to resemble my approach to exercise. Namely, non-existent. Unfortunately, blogging will remain sporadic through November, as I have fallen victim to NanoWriMo 2007. For those unfamiliar with NanoWriMo, it stands for National Novel Writer's Month - and is an event in which writer's voluntarily agree to try and write 50,000 words in 30 days. The clock begins ticking at midnight on Halloween and continues until midnight on November 30th.

Maybe I'll see you in December. I am determined to post a fairly lengthy dissertation on the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion (at one of the Halloween parties I attended, I ran into yet another individual who loved the series but did not understand the ending - and it was the proverbial cocktail that dropped the camel to its knees).

Wish me luck! I'm currently 5,600 words behind schedule . . . so I had best switch over to my novel and quit wasting word count here . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home