My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Another Point of View

My first foray into writing from my male character's point of view will result in much time spent editing in January and February. No sir - it wasn't pretty. I think I finally got the hang of him now. Oh - and I lost my voice. Literally. My physical voice. It began fading out Friday, and now if I talk, I sound like a badly tuned instrument being played by a cow.
-------------------------------
“It would be difficult,” she said, “but if you are wanting us to, we could try and break her to the saddle? We have a few green lads who could use blooding in griffin training.”

Trev pretended to consider the option. “Actually,” he said, “I had no intention of making this purchase, and am tired from a long day of travel. May I have a day or two to consider your offer?”


Abindine flashed another grin. “Which is a polite way of saying you are low on funds.” She laughed at the startled look on Trev’s face. “Mayhap I should ask you to pay the week in advance, no? But I like you. I like that you bought such a spitfire for a mount. I like the attention you attracted to my place of griffin keeping. So maybe we cut a deal. Maybe I let you house your exotic griffin here for half price, no?”


“Do I look that pitiful?” Trev asked, with a long face
.

“Not pitiful,” Abindine said.
“Kind. And I repay kindness.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home