My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Breaking the Barrier

And at 11:28 (local time) - I have officially broken the 30,000 word barrier (and probably broken a pretty good sweat). Despite Thanksgiving travel and the obligatory time that must be spent with family, I continue to run the long hard race.

And if I can figure out a way to distract A. from interrupting me every fifteen minutes, I might just pound my way across the finish line . . .

Ah . . . the possibilities. Happy Turkey Day tomorrow . . . or rather, in 30 minutes!
-----------------------------
She was terrifying and beautiful, all at once, her eyes a soft green, glittering with unholy light.

One of the three men in front of her fell back a step, shielding his eyes. “Kill the bitch before she sends up the whole damn inn,” he ordered.


“Our orders are to capture, not kill,” the third figure said, a small-boned man with a long nose and a full mouth.


“I’m not dying for the Sun Priest,” said the first, drawing a dagger. The small blade glittered in the flickering light.


The girl sucked in a breath of air sharply, and the skin along her left thigh began to blister. Dios, Trev thought, she’s got no control. It is taking all her efforts not to burn the figure behind her to a crisp – which leaves no offensive strength for her attackers.


“Lay a finger on her, and die,” Trev said coldly, his voice cutting through the flames.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home