My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Blizzard of 2006: 'Twas the Week Before Christmas

'Twas the week before Christmas
when a blanket of snow,
swept over downtown,
and made the lights glow.

Cars were instantly buried,
snug up past their wheels.
Thieves first had to find
the car they were trying to steal.

My husband assured me he parked,
with the greatest of care -
(i.e., he gunned the engine and plowed
through the snowbank with flair).


And still the snow fell . . .
and it fell . . . and it fell . . .

In the morning we woke,
and what did we see?
The snow had completely buried
our bright red SUV.


And though a blizzard had dropped
three feet of snow on the City . . .
still the dusting of white,
on the trees was quite pretty.

The walkways were cleared
by kind souls bearing shovels,
who smiled and waved,
and grumbled "no trouble . . . "

Help arrived in bright yellow,
with a piercing "beep, beep,"
and a dozer plowed through the snow
and cleared part of the street.


My Subaru is still buried
(a mere bump of snow)
and I'm highly doubting
I'll make it to work tomorrow.

Merry Christmas to all!
And a Happy New Year!
Remember to keep warm and safe -
and hug all you hold dear!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the poem, ms peach. quite funny, and so captures the feeling of the day.

kathy onewing

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home