My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Metaphor

Ever been speeding along - and suddenly lose your momentum?

Ah . . . that would have been the alternator in my Subaru. Not only did I have a the kind of day at work that leaves your outside spotless, but your spirit considerably rumpled; not only did a cold front of snow, ice, and dumb drivers come together to wreak havoc on the city roads (though it was amusing to see how many tire tracks suddenly went into a squiggly line that ended when they met the curb); not only did I desert my beloved Subaru at a local McDonalds (here's to hoping the tow trucks laugh at anyone who requests they take a break from pulling folks out of snow banks to haul my little 'Roo) . . .

I get home, relax, and lean my head back to look at the ceiling . . . only to discover a large brown spider, directly overhead, waiting to fall on me.

Perfect. Just perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home