My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Status Update

For those of my fans out there (hmmmm why are only two people clapping?) . . . I thought I would give you a status update on all of my projects. This is in no way, shape, or form an excuse for non-blogginess . . . ahem *cough*.

I have officially stuffed myself with turkey and cranberries, talked to all my family members who won't speak to me for another year, and yes . . . even managed to keep typing along on my novel. I'm about to break 28,000 words, and while I might not make the goal of 50,000, I never expected to get past 20,000 - so, regardless, I am proud of myself (20,000 words in five days . . . I CAN DO IT! They sit me in front of a computer at work for eight hours a day . . . I could be typing a brief . . . or a memo . . . really . . .).

Hmmm one of my attorneys reads my blog, so I think I just blew that opportunity . . .

And, oh! I embarrassed my husband immensely by taking doll pictures at the airport :P :P :P. He has come to grips with my new hobby - as long as I don't practice it in public MU HA HA! Actually, I'm working on setting up a photo/story blog with my new ball jointed doll soon. Once it's ready, I'll post the link here - and everyone can decide if I'm insane for themselves.

So as for my progress report, my current goals are:

1) Wage war with Thanksgiving airport traffic. Arrive with spouse, child, and luggage all intact.

2) Finish NanoWriMo novel. Required: lots and lots of coffee. Desired: new laptop with working battery . . .

3) Launch doll blog. Wait for husband to be asleep. Feature pictures of husband with doll. Place doll in witness protection program.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! And I should be back to blogging on a regular basis fairly shortly. And who knows? I may need a few editors to help me whip the stack of words I'm crunching out into a publishable novel! Volunteers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home