My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Absent, But Not Forgotten . . .

As expected, the NanoWriMo effort has consumed all of my spare time at the moment. However, I am learning a few valuable things from NanoWriMo - chief among them - maybe I can write a novel. I'm only a few thousand words behind the target mark, and I still have a clear idea of the direction I want my novel to travel in.

Huh. Who knew?

I'm currently weighing in at a little over 15,000 words. That's about 30 pages of single spaced text. And I'm enjoying the experience!

They also do something really really mean. You have a user profile, and you give them information such as the title of your novel - which they then run through a spiffy program and give you an interface that actually looks like a book. You "turn" the pages to see all of the information. And you can post an excerpt.

To quote one of my characters: "Cruel. Downright mean and cruel."

But I'm loving every second. In case I don't update for a while, remember I am absent - but I have not forgotten!

Safe journies to all until my return!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home