My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Obento Obsession

To spare my regular readers my on-going obsession with Japanese lunchboxes, I have started a secondary blog devoted solely to bento at www.obentoobsession.blogspot.com. My first week was fairly successful. I even managed to drag myself up at 5:00 a.m. to make the silly things! The funniest spot all week was when an attorney came across me washing out my seal bento (T. won't let me send him to work with a fluffy harp seal bento . . . go figure :P :P :P) when one of my attorneys asked what I had for lunch. It was sandwich day - so I replied "an egg salad sandwich, a PB&J samwich, potato sald, chicken/cucumber/mozarella skewers, grapes, apple, and half a hard-boiled egg. The attorney looked at me, looked at the bento box, and said "there is no way in heck everything fit in that little box." So the next day, I took the lid off my scallops bento to show him - and he said "Oh, my God." He even grabbed a paralegal to point out how cool . . . er compact . . . my lunch was. SUCCESS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home