My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Movie Madness Weekend

I went to see UP this weekend. I also went to see Star Trek and Terminator Salvation. And I still have three movie tickets left.

On Friday, a friend of mine very graciously gave me two free movie passes. Unfortunately, you can only use them at a United Artist theater, and I discovered the one close to us apparently morphed into a theater/restaurant, leaving the next closest United Artist the one downtown. I didn't particularly want to drive downtown on a Friday night and fight with all the bar-hoppers over an expensive parking place - so I went to see Star Trek at the Promenade instead. I caught the 9:45 show (which let out at midnight) and left the theater with more energy than when I entered. I LOVE STAR TREK!

Enter the next day (Saturday). We decided to go see UP - which was perhaps one of the most lackluster movies I've seen Pixar create. Aside from the quality of the movie, we sat next to a lady with a crying baby, a man with a constant cough, and there was a firedrill and partial evacuation of the theatre with about 20 minutes left to go in the movie.

So now I had three free tickets back to the Promenade, good for any show (at a matinee price even!), two free tickets to a United Artist, and a husband who desperately wanted to see Terminator Salvation. So we burned two of our tickets and saw Terminator - which was a decent flick, was entirely free, and was vastly better than UP - though it fell a little short of my new Star Trek bar.

I think I've exhausted all the good movie options until Transformers and Harry Potter. And I regret nothing!!! Except maybe UP. Seriously, wait for Netflix or HBO showtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home