My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Twilight - The Movie a/k/a A Definite Improvement

I must say, Twilight the movie is roughly 500% better than Twilight the book. They deleted most of the inane whiny dialogue (most of which occurs in Bella's head), smoothed over some of the most obvious inconsitencies (such as Bella's infamous Google search), and actually inserted some action scenes (INCLUDING THE VAMPIRE ON VAMPIRE FIGHT AT THE END . . . WOOT!!!!), proving that Hollywood can, on occasion, turn out a movie that is better than the book. There were a few wonderful lines that were not in the book, there were a few horrible lines that came straight from the book, but the word "butterscotch" did not arise once . . . so all in all, the movie receives my hearty stamp of approval (and they actually made Edward sexy . . . though the whole watching-Bella-sleep is still oh so creepy.

For anyone who has seen the movie, be sure to read the paradoy - Twilight in 15 Minutes . . . which is directly responsible for me having to bite my cheek in the theatre - hard - during the meadow scene to keep from bursting into hysterical laughter. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home