My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Bronco Obsession

My parents are obsessed with football. More precisely, they are obsessed with the Broncos . . . although even college football will do in a pinch. My mother has finally reached her crowning achievement in life . . . which was walking up to John Elway and poking him in the ribs. For every birthday, Christmas, or other gift-giving event, whenever I ask what they would like, the response is similar to: "Oh, you know - anything Broncos."

Meet my problem . . .

What do you get someone who has the collector's plate series and wall plaques?

Not to mention pillows, wall hangings, and stained-glass lamps . . . . (the child is MINE! all MINE!!!).



Matching coffee table . . . and coasters . . .

Collector's trophy, signed miniature helmets, and official Bronco memorabilia display case (note the logo on the glass) . . .

Collector's figurines, John Elway statue, miniature stadium replica (Invesco) . . .

Pom poms, figurines, framed bronco pictures and stats, miniature football, miniature stadium (Mile High), over-size cup, and ice cream container (not a collector's item . . . to my knowledge, but they kept it anyway) . . .

Stadium picture, helmet-shaped snack dish, wooden football, orange paper decoration football, VHS collection of games and greatest moments, and miniature "tail-gate" truck (the silver rectangle to the right of the photo is the truck's grill) . . .

Pennant flags, bobble-head commentators, artist's sketch of John Elway as a child, Wheaties box (still containing Wheaties, to my knowledge) . . .

Post-its . . . Can't forget the post-its. And sports Illustrated poster.

Trash can . . .


Windsock. . .

Couch potato . . .

Not to mention the stuff my mom keeps at school (she's a 1st grade teacher) so she doesn't suffer separation anxiety while at work . . .

And (not pictured) - the watches, jerseys, sunglasses, umbrella, jackets, mouse pads, house key, wallet, checkbook cover, temporary tattoos (recently acquired for her birthday), car windshield cover, foam helmet, styrofoam bricks, potato sack, queen-sized sheet and comforter set . . . .

FOR THE LOVE OF CRIPE . . . WHAT'S LEFT??!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home