My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, August 29, 2008

DNC!!! I Was There!!!

Can you believe it? I was there!!!! After a 3 and a half-hour wait and walking . . . running . . . walking . . . (in that order) six miles, I was at Invesco field and experiencing the Democratic National Convention in person!!! What an amazing event!

Me with 85,000 other people. The triumph of the night . . . WE GOT TO OUR SEATS! Just kidding!!! We did get to our seats . . . eventually . . . but the main event was obviously the speakers, and every one of them did an amazing job. I saw Al Gore and Barack Obama. I missed Biden (he came on while I was on a food run) - but I'm still looking for his speech on YouTube. I saw Stevie Wonder perform. What a night!!!

More will be forthcoming once I return from camping. For now . . . me! Fuzzy me . . . but me! With 85,000 other people. WOOT!!!! If you look really close at the Bronco you can see the two snipers (maybe security guards . . . but I'm guessing sniper) that stood to either side of the white horse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home