My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, February 02, 2008

In Preparation for the Zombies . . .

The great gun debate.

I always think that I should learn how to handle a gun - if only so I don't shoot my own foot off - but I've never had any real desire to handle that particular type of weaponry. I have actually been exposed to guns (my dad used to shoot rabbits in the backyard for dinner - not recommended and probably not legal . . . :P ) and had plenty of chances to shoot my dad's pistols and rifles - but I don't get any thrill from pulling the trigger. The allure is lost on me.

My friend M. went shooting today. When I explained the great internal gun debate, she responded: "You should probably at least learn. Think of it as preparation for the zombies."

"What?" I said laughing. "You don't think the world is going to go "Resident Evil" or some such, do you?"

"There's hardly anything worse than zombies," she said. "I figure if you prepare for zombies, you're prepared for anything."

Why didn't I think of that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home