My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

All Things Are Born

All things are born.
Those things that Come to Be,
they don't always spring forth,
fully formed
from the heads of the gods.

They are born.
From a word, from a look.
They are not the words we said -
they are the words we Meant.
They stir beneath the surface,
form forgotten.
Their impact, ripples.

At last, we cough up words that
taste like blood.
The things we never said spring - hot, wet;
a pain so bright, it shines -
from the heart of our eyes.
Ultimately, it is our Denial
that nurtures them,
and
gives them Substance.

We are creatures of Creation.
Those things we hold inside -
we incubate.
Those things we bury deepest,
are the most violently born.

If we are not careful,
we choke on our own Silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home