My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Farewell Xcel

Good news: my Xcel bill may be low this month.
Bad news: because the furnace quit working.

T. did an excellent job changing out the thermostat (the old one had blown a fuse) - but the great beast lurking in the basement continues to only blow cold air. A friend was kind enough to come over this evening and show me how to change a thermocouple (not only do I know what a thermocouple is . . . I know how to change it. Wow!) - but to no avail. Fan? Check. Pilot light? check.

Heat?

I've been telling folks that T. and I are protesting Xcel's recent price hikes by going on a "heat strike" (j-j-join us, it-t-s not-t-t so b-b-bad), but the bottom line is . . . you don't know what you've got until you lose it. I recommend taking a moment to appreciate any indoor space that is above 55 degrees Farenheit. Ahhh. Doesn't that make you feel better?

Tomorrow we give in and call the furnace repair people. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home