My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

New Year's Resolutions 2007

I'm still handing out Christmas presents . . . so anyone who points out that I'm a little late getting to my New Year's resolutions will receive nothing but a lump of coal next year. You have been warned.

For those who do not know, I've been mired in a family crisis which has been taking most of my time and energy. My father, who has essentially been an Alzheimer's patient for the last three or four years (same symptoms, different cause) is dying. I did my grieving four years ago . . . which leaves me in a stable, if fatalistic, mood - but expect a post shortly in memory of my father.

On to happier thoughts:

It's a New Year. And despite the wallet being stolen, the car needing repairs, and the random blizzards and 100 mph winds that have swept through Denver (I'm not joking - the wind about took me off my feet when I came out of the grocery store), I am in exceedingly high spirits and all has been going well.

I've just been remiss in my New Year resolution list. I hereby resolve:

I will have a new vehicle by 2008.
I will be signed up for and/or complete the Standard class at the Tracker School by 2008. (Words cannot describe the sheer awesome nature of this school and its founder.)
I will concentrate on and make progress in creative projects (including Alyssa Aside, my NanoWriMo novel, and my Siamese cross-stitch pillow).
I will work on organization and time management so the details of life can be relegated to just that role - details.
I will spend time with my son, raising him with patience and love.

Looks like a full year! Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home