My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, September 25, 2006

Dog Fixed . . . Other Car Broke

The dog has been fixed. Apparently my joke that she was eating hallucinogenic mushrooms out of the backyard may have been appropo . . . The actual culprit turned out to be snapdragons. In a last ditch effort to cure her symptoms, I decided to weed the backyard - on the off chance that she was eating a toxic weed. Low and behold - of approximately 24 snapdragon plants I had planted, three remained - and the rest were short green sticks with chew marks. Ever since the removal of the weeds (and remaining snapdragons), Tika has been improving steadily.

And as soon as the dog was fixed, T.'s car died . . . He handed the mechanic a credit card and told him that as long as the repairs were under $800 to go ahead and fix it. Ummm . . . it was fixable - for $717.44, though the mechanic is refusing to warranty the work since we won't replace the driveshafts in addition to the transfer case. After all, the driveshafts are only an additional $3,200.00.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home