My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Lessons From The Honey Bee

I.

The Bee is in the Garden,
humming softly in the flowers,
his baskets filled with pollen -
gathered grain by grain, for hours.

I have watched him as he bumbles,
through the sun and through the shade.
While he takes a sip of nectar,
I take a sip of lemonade.

I find the thought quite striking -
though He harvests what he needs,
you'll find no trace of his gentle passing -
or the planting of his seeds.

II.

A Bee can mean Prosperity -
hard work, rewarded by gain.
But, if you scream and shout at him -
a Bee can signify great Pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home