My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

And It Clicked . . .

I spent an absolutely wonderful day playing at The Denver Doll Emporium with a few friends, and by exercising an extreme amount of self-control (and leaving my purse locked in the car) managed not to buy anything.

While a very sad and sweet OrientDoll (Joong Choo model) caught my eye and was very agreeable to play with, I still didn't feel that she was the right doll for me (and yes, before you ask, my husband officially thinks I'm crazy).

Then, a few hours later, it clicked. Bits and pieces (literally - boxes of eyes, disembodied heads, wigs, etc.) finally came together - and she was suddenly *there* inside my head, hair slightly windblown and smelling of the first frost; hazel eyes glittering in the September sun.

I want this doll to serve as a kick-start for my muse. I want her to inspire poetry and story ideas. I could already see the beginning of her story . . .

"My adoptive mother was certain she wanted someone refined and cultured to model for her poetry blog. She was looking for a doll with Asian features: long black hair and emerald green eyes, but she brought me home instead."

However (just to reassure those of you who worry about my finances), I am content to wait until closer to Christmas to make my actual purchase. I may have to secure the outfit in advance - since I would be heartbroken if I finally got my doll and the clothing I liked was out of stock.

Thank you again PoN for introducing me to your wonderful little doll Miranda. I agree - people don't play enough anymore. I think we need to fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home