My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Snowfall

The first snowfall of winter. Okay - it snowed earlier this year - but when I opened the blinds today, there were large fat flakes of snow spinning out of the sky and coating everything with a soft wet blanket of cold fluff. For anyone who lives in Colorado - there are several types of snow. This was my favorite (mostly because it doesn't leave sheets of ice on all your windows) - but it is also the most damaging to the landscape.

My work graciously let us out two hours early to ensure everyone made it home safely. So I wisely chose to use that time driving over to a friend's house for a get together - because I'm silly that way. And I think I renewed my Colorado snow license by successfully making it to my destination despite several slippery starts and stops - and one light that I had to run - 'cause the brakes weren't going to cut it.

But it was beautiful. Everything was beautiful. And for the first time in a long time, it brought back the good memories of my hometown. The peaceful days. The times when we bundled up in sweaters and moonboots, when we went on moon-lit walks and the white flakes came spinning out of a dark sky filled with thousands of pinpricks of light (and how it can snow without clouds was always a fun mystery - but it does!).

It was peaceful. And even though I didn't think I was ready for winter, I really enjoyed the first true snowfall of the year - although I would recommend helping the trees out by knocking some of the larger chunks of snow out of their branches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home