My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Windows Movie Maker

Apparently they broke Windows Movie Maker on all the newer Vista systems. After wading through dozens of tech forums, YouTube videos, and arguments over which codec packs to install, the final answer seems to be - download a program that can convert .avi files to .wmv files, and Windows Movie Maker should finally acknowledge the file.

I chose to download Prism conversion software for this purpose - and on a whim, I actually read the User Agreement. Now remember . . . this is a file conversion software. The following is a direct excerpt from that agreement:

"5. You may not use this software in any circumstances where there is any risk that failure of this software might result in a physical injury or loss of life. Any such use by you is entirely at your own risk, and you agree to indemnify NCH Software from any claims relating to such unauthorized use."

How in the heck was someone injured by converting a file? WHat in the cripe were they doing?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home