My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, May 26, 2008

Results

Three days and 3/4 a ton of gravel later (and a HUGE thank you to my friend S., who was kind enough to take the excess gravel :P :P :P), I have a beautiful back yard. For the first time in years, I can open the back door and let A. go blow bubbles . . . or the cats wander among the rose bushes, and I don't have to worry about nineteen safety hazards that are finally well and truly FIXED. To illustrate my journey:

The before picture.
Note: everything green (except the rose bushes climbing the trellis) is a dandelion.

The journey.
Note: A. got the camera. I take no responsibility for this part.




The end result.


It's lovely. Absolutely lovely. A few of my friends have asked whether I'm worried about the cats clearing the 8' fence. . . . The answer is a resounding no. Why? My kitties are not the brightest boos in the box. Hime (the siamese) can't clear a 3' baby-gate, let alone an 8' fence.

And someday, years from now, a future owner will be standing in the kitchen door, wondering how in the heck I got all t hat gravel back there.

In buckets. Two shovel fulls at a time. :P :P :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home