My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, May 09, 2008

Dandelion Dusting

I spent four hours weeding dandelions. Four hours. And my yard is all of 8' by 12'. Heck, if I let them grow a little longer (so they filled in the patchy parts) I could have had a new ground cover. As it is, I am the proud owner of a newly made dirt-pit.

Seriously. I'm proud. I've never been much of a "do-it-yourself-er" (yes, I'm make that a word) - but I am always gratified to discover how much I can do myself. I completely revamped my backyard, made plans to add stone flowerbeds (which will help A. keep from putting his hand through the wood slats and being savaged by the insane Jack Russell Terror next door), dusted enough dandelions to fill a 13 gallon trash bag, and made several trips to Home Depot for items such as gardening gloves and orange twine.

Nothing says gardening competence like orange twine.

Okay . . . so I only half-assed know what I'm doing. But the point is . . . I'm DOING IT!

Hopefully I'll be able to post before and after pictures soon . . . unfortunately, Snapfire has decided it wants to play in a separate part of the sandbox than Vista. It's on my to-do list.

Today was planning and weeding. Tomorrow, let the construction begin! Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home