My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Window Cleaning a/k/a Spider Dodgeball

I clean my windows twice a year (if they're lucky) - once in the spring, and once in the Fall. T. assures me that EVERYONE gets spiders in the corners of their windows. But, after movig six to eight outside (feel free to imagine me running through the house with a papertowel in my hands going, please don't fall, please don't fall, just hold still, AAAHHHHHHH, CRAP! WHERE DID IT GO???) - and after feeling terrible for crushing five or six to death (mostly accidental - and some mercy killings, since the glass cleaner didn't seem to agree with their system) - I am coming to the conclusion that . . . I won't do windows. Not without figuring out a way to hit them with a highly pressurized jet of water from 20 feet away first at any rate.

T. laughs at me and says I am the only person he knows who goes to such pains to save a critter they are phobic of. I understand that people have spiders in their windows. I accept this. But, why do I seem to have 35 spiders in my window? Is that normal???

1 Comments:

Blogger Argemone said...

Spiders in windows - window wells?
Watch out for the shiny black ones and the brown ones that look just like the black ones (only brown and sometimes speckled)

ksj

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home