My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Prime Real Estate

While one of my friends (from Fuzzy Navel Productions) is having issues with her job - I'm getting back-handed compliments at mine.


In addition to being a legal secretary, I am also a technical secretary - which basically means they give me an extra $1000 a year to help people who move their toolbars, delete their icons, or minimize their document and can't find where it went. Occasionally I do get challenging questions - but those are scary because they usually end with me having to tell a massively stressed out secretary (who is generally trying to make a court filing deadline) that their document is corrupt and will continue asking for a Swedish language plug unless they strip all formatting and redo the document from scratch.


Having said all that... one of the ladies at work was bragging about sitting next to me.
"What am I?" I asked. "Prime real estate?"
"Yeah," she said. "You've upped the value of this cubicle block considerably."


Wow.


Lord knows I don't do it for the money....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home