My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes . . .

T. was waiting in the car with A. while I did a quick late-night shopping run (milk, bread, soap to wash the kiddo - essentials, really). According to T., an obviously pregnant woman walked past my car trailed by her brood of five children, and T. was fairly sure the sixth was going to make its entrance right there in the parking lot.

"Whoa," said T.
"What, Daddy?" said A.
"Oh. Umm. That lady is going to have a baby! It's in her tummy."
A. peered out the window at the woman's stomach. "Just one?"
"Yes. Just one."
A. paused for a moment. Then, "Is she going to buy another?"

Kids. Gotta love 'em.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home