My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Friday, March 30, 2007

And So It Ends . . .

I must say that I did not want a silver car . . . but apparently the Universe had other ideas. Even my autobroker (I finally gave up on dealing with the dealerships directly) called this the "Quest of all time." He had to jump through several amusing hoops just to find three or four cars that fit my description . . . and every car in the color I wanted had 59,999 miles - one mile under the 60,000 limit I had set.

And my car karma didn't change just because I was using an autobroker. He found a lovely little green Honda Element with 5,595 miles within my price range and was within a hair of driving to Colorado Springs to pick it up for me - - - when he found out the administrative assistant at the dealership had picked up the wrong invoice and given him false information. The Honda Element had 59,995 miles . . .

Oddly enough . . . from the very beginning there was a little 2004 silver model that was a manual, priced reasonably, and only had 23,800 miles. But I detest silver. Don't ask me why. My autobroker was certain it would sell the same day he saw it.

It didn't. And after a week of not finding a better deal, I finally wrestled my mind around the color issue. Besides, I can always paint the outside burnt orange later . . . and with the blue accents on the seats, I can always market it as the perfect car for a Denver Broncos fan.

I'm pretty sure my mother would buy it . . .

PRESENTING MY NEW VEHICLE . . .


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home