My Photo
Name:

I am an aspiring writer and dedicated mommy who hopes to leave the world a little better than I found it. Of course, from what I can tell, as long as I don't drop-kick the world into a giant vat of sewage, I will have accomplished that goal.

Monday, July 30, 2007

Small Moving Hamburgers

I recently organized a trip to The Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, Colorado, and in my reminder e-mail, I felt it necessary to point out that "child" translates as "small moving hamburger" to most of the inhabitants at the Sanctuary, so it is a very good idea to keep a close eye on your snack . . . child . . . whatever.

When we got there, A. was so excited he was shaking. He ran up and down the ramps yelling: "Mommy, mommy, mommy . . . there's a tiger. And another tiger. And another tiger. And a tiger over there! And another tiger!" (Really, you can't imagine 75 tigers until you see . . . well . . . herds of 75 tigers.)

In the educational observatory, A. had the chance to come face to face with a mountain lion . . .

And let's just say that lions are infinitely bigger than you can imagine when they are "up close and personal." I think A. is roughly the size of a lion's front leg. YIKES!

Every time I visit the Sanctuary, I can't help but be amazed by their mission and their message. Pat Craig has created an amazing sanctuary for tigers . . .



and bears . . .



and birds . . .


(Okay . . . the birds just happened to fly overhead. But, it's a beautiful sky, isn't it?)

Even if you can't visit (and I sincerely hope you can) - even if you can't donate (we all know what it is like when money is tight) . . . if you spread the word that this Sanctuary exists . . . you have played a part in saving these animals. I honestly believe that it is not an issue of people not caring . . . it is an issue of people not knowing. . .

"Saving one animal will not save the world . . . but surely for that one animal . . . the world will change forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home